The RCAV GAP YEAR BURSARY is for Catholic young adults entering a Catholic gap year program. They are individuals looking to go deeper in their faith while making a difference in the world. $500 bursaries are available to qualifying applicants through August 2, or when funding allocated for the 2019 year runs out.
Bursary funds awarded will be sent directly to your gap year organization by the Archdiocese of Vancouver, towards your program or fundraising expenses. Recipients will be young leaders who are making an impact in their parishes, showing initiative, and inspiring others.
Applicants for the RCAV GAP YEAR BURSARY will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will select the bursary recipients based on their application and demonstrated need. First-time bursary applicants will be prioritized over previous bursary recipients.
As an applicant, you must:
- Be between 18-29 years old
- Accepted (& can provide a letter of acceptance) to serve with a Catholic organization offering gap year programs for a minimum of 4 months. See examples here.
- A permanent resident of Canada
- A parishioner within the Archdiocese of Vancouver
As an applicant, you must submit:
- The online application form below, including:
- Section A: Personal information, including your parish and the Catholic Gap Year program you will be applying to
- Section B: Three short written reflections
- Section C: Budget/cost of going on mission, noting what the GAP YEAR Bursary will be used for
- Section D: Two references – also online (must be from two different groups or communities: i.e. from parish, school, community group, employer, sports team, etc)
Thus, your entire submission (application form, budget, answers to the reflection questions, and references) will be online. We will not accept hard copies.
You must use the online form below to submit your application.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2019
- All entries become the property of the Archdiocese of Vancouver
- The Archdiocese of Vancouver retains the right to make program rule changes at any time
- The decisions of the Selection Committee are final
- The above information will be collected and protected by the Archdiocese of Vancouver in accordance with the Personal Information and Privacy Act and used only for the purpose for which it is submitted